Friday, February 5, 2010

Our 10th Wedding Anniversary!

It's our 10th Wedding Anniversary today. I can't believe it's been ten years, even though I can't really remember not having Dave in my life. I am so lucky to have married my best friend, the one I can truly rely on, and who puts their faith in me. We have worked together for longer, nearly eleven years. It doesn't work for everyone, but for us - it's perfect. Our sometimes lively discussions about which image is best, and how to best do things means we are constantly improving and happy to try new things. We are very competitive so are always trying to out do each other. Our midnight conversations after we have shot different weddings are something I look forward to. The round up of the day, with each image, and how we did it.
We have also been fortunate to live in different countries, and loved our time in London and Auckland. It's been a memorable ten years, but it did start with the most beautiful wedding (I know I'm biased). The fact that we enjoyed our wedding day so much is what we hope to bring to any wedding we photograph or video. Our relaxed approach is because we have done this so many times, and have gotten to know the couple we are shooting. The resulting imagery captures the day, the couple, family and friends, every element that you can look back on in future years together.

The day goes past in such a whirl, and the photos and video are what you can relive the day with again and again.

I want to wish my husband a Happy Anniversary, and I look forward to many more wonderful years together. xxx


Our bridal party were great fun, and all looked amazing.  From the left - Andrew, Misty, Andy, Nadine, Dave, Mariecka, Alex, and Katrina in the front.

Happy to have said our vows, and ready to enjoy the photo session.


A personal favourite of mine. We look so happy, and at ease, while the girls enjoyed a drink of champagne.

I'm going back to look at our Wedding Photos, and maybe a special screening of our video tonight.

No comments: